St Wulstan’s, Alston

Many thanks for the warm welcome given to Bishop Paul on his visit last Saturday for the Feast of St Wulstan and to all who participated in the Mass and to those who provided the lovely refreshments. The Bishop enjoyed his visit very much.

Below is the text from the tablet marking the dedication of the church, over 65 years ago:

St-Wulstan-Alston-2_medium.jpg

To the Glory of God

This Church

Founded by Thomas Edward Bishop of Lancaster

Was dedicated on 20 September 1953

Under the patronage of St Wulstan

In Memory of Thomas Wulstan OSB

First Bishop of Lancaster

who raised his eyes to the eternal hills